Instructions for proposals
We recommend that paper and/or poster proposals deal with topics related to Cognitive Linguistics, especially, but not exclusively, with the general theme of this edition: “New challenges in Cognitive Linguistics. Conceptual, methodological and interdisciplinary steps forward”. Some possible topics of interest are:
- Cognitive Grammar
- Construction Grammar
- Cognitive Linguistics applied to language acquisition/learning and teaching
- Contrastive Cognitive Linguistics
- Cognitive Linguistics and Artificial Inteligence
- Cognitive Linguistics and Discourse Analysis
- Cognitive Linguistics and Multimodal Communication
- Cognitive Linguistics and Corpus Linguistics
- Cognitive Linguistics and Translation Theory
- Conceptual Metaphor and Metonymy
- Cognitive Pragmatics
- Linguistic variation and change
1. Thematic sessions: These sessions focus on a specific topic proposed by conference participants. The organizers of these sessions should send their proposal in pdf format directly to the conference at email@example.com. The deadline for submission of proposals for thematic sessions is 30th November, 2023, inclusive. Session proposals should include:
- Title of the session.
- Name and professional affiliation of the session organizers.
- Description of the session in a maximum of 500 words, including examples but excluding figures, charts and references.
- A list of 6 to 8 authors who will take part in the thematic session, as well as the titles of their papers.
Once the thematic session has been accepted (notification of acceptance of thematic session: 15th December, 2023, inclusive), the author(s) of each paper included in the session must send their proposal separately through the channel established for the presentation of papers. The deadline for submission of papers will be 31st January, 2024, inclusive. The proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee according to the same criteria as those applied to the proposals for the general session, as indicated in the following section.
2. Papers and posters: Proposals for papers and posters should be submitted by using this form.
When submitting the proposal, please state if it is a paper for one of the thematic sessions approved for the conference or if, on the contrary, it is a paper or poster for the general session.
When sending the paper or poster proposal, all the data required in the submission form must be provided (title of the proposal, name of the author(s), contact details of author(s), affiliation, e-mail) and two documents generated with the template provided must be uploaded. First, the proposal in Word format in which all the information is included. Second, the proposal in PDF format completely anonymized (indicating only Author 1, Author 2, Author 3, etc.).
Specific instructions on the format (sections, word count, format of reference list, etc.) of the proposal can be found in the template available in the submission form.
The official languages of the conference are Spanish and English, so proposals can be submitted in either language.
The sessions will last 30 minutes, divided as follows: 20 minutes for the presentation, 5 minutes for Q&A, and 5 minutes for change of room.
Each participant in the conference can submit a maximum of 2 proposals (one as a single author and one as co-author; or two proposals, both as co-author).
The deadline for submission of paper or poster proposals is 31st January, 2024, inclusive.
Proposals will be reviewed anonymously by members of the Scientific Committee according to the following criteria:originality, relevance, scientific rigor, references, content clarity and linguistic accuracy. Acceptance of paper and poster proposals will be notified by 15th April, 2024, inclusive.