Rosensweig Medal for outstanding contributions in the field of Magnetic Fluids
At their last meeting, the members of the International Steering Committee on Magnetic Fluids (ISCMF) decided to institute a medal to distinguish outstanding accomplishments in the field of Magnetic Fluids science. The medal will be in the name of the founder of MF science, Dr. Ronald E. Rosensweig. The medal will be awarded for the first time at ICMF 2023, where the recipient of the medal will be invited to give a plenary talk.
International contest of PhD theses in the field of Magnetic Fluid
At their last meeting, the members of the ISCMF also agreed to establish an international contest of PhD theses in the field of Magnetic Fluids covering the period between the conferences. The contest prize will include a diploma and a feature lecture at the ICMF 2023.
The application procedure for this contest is detailed in the following lines:
- Only theses in the field of Magnetic Fluids, defended from July 2019 to December 2022 are eligible.
- The application deadline is January 15, 2023.
- Before said deadline, applicants must send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for contest of PhD theses” and the following content:
- A brief cv of the candidate (maximum 2 pages) in pdf format.
- A motivation letter of 1 page maximum in pdf format, indicating the main aims and achievements of the thesis.
- An internet link where the thesis is available for download in pdf format (the link will not expire before the end of March 2023).