GETTING TO GRANADA
Granada is well connected by air and land, allowing easy access to the city by various means of transport: bus, taxi, car, train and plane.
The airport Granada-Jaen (GRX) is located at 17 km from the city center. Upon arrival, the connection to the city can be done by taxi (around 30€) or by bus. The bus transfer is cheaper (3€) and has several stops along the city center. The bus departure schedule is synchronized with the flights arrival and typically takes place around 30 minutes after landing. The bus stop is to the right of the building as you leave the airport.
GETTING AROUND GRANADA
other options to get to granada
As international connections to Granada airport are quite limited, the best option for reaching Granada by plane is to take an international flight to Málaga or Madrid and then a connection to Granada.
Málaga is the closest international airport to Granada (125 km). International direct flights land at Málaga airport (AGP) coming from the main cities of Europe.
Once arrived at Málaga Airport, the possibilities of reaching Granada by public transport are the following:
- Direct bus from the airport to Granada bus station (12€ approx. and around 2 h trip). This is the easiest transfer possibility. There are around 10 departures per day. In order to check if the timetables fit your flight schedule you can check here.
- If the direct bus connection is not an option for you, then the most convenient solution is to take a train to Málaga Central Station (María Zambrano Station). To get to the station from the airport the easiest way is to get the suburban train (line C1). To check if the timetables match with your flight you can have a look here. From there, you can take a direct bus to Granada (the Central Train Station is in front of Málaga Bus Station) almost every hour.
- Another option is to take a taxi from Málaga Airport to Granada (145€ approx. and around 1.30 h trip). Málaga airport has several areas with public taxi ranks distributed throughout the terminals. Take a look here to check the prices and book.
Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport (MAD) is 418 km from Granada. It is the first airport in Spain and serves a total of 171 destinations operated by 69 companies. Thus, Madrid airport is one of the main entry points for tourists from the rest of European countries and the world at large.
Once arrived at Madrid Airport, the possibilities of reaching Granada by public transport are the following.
- Direct bus from the airport to Granada bus station (from 20€ and around 5.15 h trip). This is the easiest transfer possibility. To check if the timetables fit your flight schedule you can take a look here.
- If the direct bus connection is not an option for you, then you can take a train from Madrid – Puerta de Atocha Station. To check if the timetables match with your flight you can have a look here. To get to Atocha Station from the airport, you can travel by underground (line 8), bus (line 203) or taxi.
- You can also take a taxi or VTC at Madrid airport. All terminals have taxi ranks outside the arrival areas, which are clearly signposted. You can take a taxi directly from the corresponding rank at the airport. This is the most expensive option for a single person but it may be affordable if several people share a taxi.